1. All exhibits must be in the Show Grounds before 10.00am on Show mornings.
2. The judges may withhold a Prize in any Class where, in their opinion, sufficient merit does not exist.
3. The decision of the Judges shall be final in all cases, and there shall be no Appeal therefrom.
4. Objections must be lodged with the Secretary before 6.00pm on the evening of the Show, and in all Sections it must be accompanied by a deposit of €20, which will be forfeited if the objection is not upheld.
Should an objection be made to any successful animal on the score of age the Veterinary Surgeon appointed by the Committee shall be called in and his decision will be final. The following is the state of dentition of Cattle, which will be considered as indicating that they exceed the age:
· Cattle having their central permanent incisors cut will be considered as exceeding one year and nine months.
· Cattle having their central permanent incisors fully up will be considered as exceeding one year and nine months.
· Cattle having their second pair of permanent incisors fully up will be considered as exceeding two years and three months.
· Cattle having their fourth pair of (corner) permanent incisors fully up and their anterior molars showing signs of wear will be considered as exceeding three years.
5. The age of all Horses competing will be calculated from the 1st of January.
6. Objections will be considered at subsequent meetings of the Committee.
7. Judging will commence at 10.00am in all cases except where otherwise stated.
8. Intending Competitors in Jumping must be on the Course half an hour previous to Competition.
9. NO LATE ENTRIES. ENTRIES CLOSE ON FRIDAY, JUNE 8th 2018
10. Entries for Horse Jumping Contests taken up to 12 noon on Show Day.
11. Exhibitors are hereby notified that Exhibits will be required to remain in Show Yard until 5.00pm on the day of Show. Violation of this Rule incurs forfeiture of Prizes. Exhibitors who are not prepared to accept this condition should not enter.
12. The Committee reserve the right to refuse entries, varying Prize List or Arrangements, or removing any Animal or other Exhibit at any time during the Show, and shall not be in any way liable for any claim for compensation or otherwise arising out of the holding, abandonment, or alteration of the date of the Show, nor for any claims arising out of, or connected with, the Show.
13. Exhibitors are to understand that, although every reasonable precaution will be taken to ensure the safety and welfare of the animals and all other Exhibits, the Society will not be responsible for loss or accident of any kind that may occur. Neither will the Society be accountable for any accident that may occur to any persons attending Show, whether as a visitor, Exhibitor or otherwise.
14. All Exhibits at the time of entry must be the bona-fide property of the person in whose name the entry is made.
15. An affidavit may be required as to the age or ownership of any animal entered.
16. The Veterinary examination of all Horses (except Horses competing for Jumping Competitions) selected for prizes or Recommendations shall be compulsory.
17. If any person in charge of an animal be absent at the time of adjudication the animal will be liable to be excluded from Competition and entrance fee forfeited.
18. No person, except the Stewards of the Class, shall enter the space enclosed or set apart for adjudication, or hold any communication with the Judge or examining Veterinary Surgeon, without the permission of the Stewards of the Class, and the Stewards of each Class and Section are particularly requested to prevent any Exhibitor or other person from addressing the Judge or Veterinary Surgeon while engaged in their respective duties. Any Exhibitor who enters the space in which the adjudicator is proceeding may be disqualified from receiving a Prize.
19. Any Steward (if Exhibitor) who enters the space in which the adjudication is proceeding while his animal is being judged, may be disqualified from receiving a Prize.
20. If a Judge considers any animal over age, the Stewards in the Class may instruct the Veterinary Surgeon to examine the animal.
21. The Show Committee shall have power to disqualify from Exhibition any Sheep, which is considered to be coloured other than by the use of ordinary non-bloom dips free of added colouring water.
22. No refund of entry money once entries have been catalogued.
23. No Class will be formed unless there are at least 3 entries from 3 different Exhibitors.
24. Beef Classes in Pens will not be judged without numbers.
25. In the Pedigree Friesian Classes please note full name of animal. Herd book number and date of birth must be given to qualify for the Irish Friesian Award.
26. I.S.A. Levy of 5% to be deducted from Prize Money of Horses, Cattle and Sheep Showing Classes.
27. ALL BOVINES MUST HAVE APPROPRIATE CERTIFICATES OF COMPLIANCE.
CONDITIONS GOVERNING CUP COMPETITION
1. WINNERS OF CUPS in 2018 must give an undertaking to the Committee that the Cups will be delivered up to the Secretary at least ten days previous to the date of the succeeding Show, and in as good a condition as they were received.
2. The Committee reserves the right to alter conditions of Competition for the Cups in future Shows, or to withhold the Cups if the Judges do not find sufficient merit in the Competition.
Your co-operation will make the Show a safer and more enjoyable event for all patrons.