1. This championship is confined to Registered Connemara Three year Old Fillies. The progeny of Registered Connemara Sire & Registered Connemara Dam.
2. Exhibitors In both the Qualifier and the Final must have the CPBS Passport ready for inspection prior to entry to the judging ring. Failure to comply with this rule will lead to immediate disqualification.
3. More than one Filly may be selected at any qualifying Show to compete in the Final providing the judges & the ISA agree the standard of warrant such selection.
4. One of the Judges at the final must be from CPBS judges list.
5. Ponies qualified for Final are not to enter any other class at Ballinasloe Show.
6. Plaiting of manes & tails is not allowed for qualifier or final.
7. The Qualifying Exhibitor must fill out their own Qualifying Card at each Qualifying Show.
These rules should be read in conjunction with the I.S.A. Rules.
Prize Fund: First €300.00 ; Second €200.00; Third €150; Fourth €125.00
Fifth €100.00; Sixth €100.00
FINAL: BALLINALOE SHOW SUNDAY 24TH SEPTEMBER, 2023.
SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS – HORSES AND OTHER EQUINES
As from 1 May 2012, any premises (which includes shows, fairs and markets) where horses or other equines are gathered must be registered with the Department. Owners/persons in charge of such gatherings are required to submit a completed application form for registration and to keep records of movements on/off their premises.
Records must be retained for at least 3 years as they may be required by the Department for the purposes of tracing disease. Records required are
It is important therefore that Show organisers should contact their local Regional Veterinary Office in advance so that consideration can be given to compliance with the requirements outlined above.
All Equines (which include horses, ponies and donkeys) must be identified in accordance with EU and national legislation.
In respect of each equine in their care, a keeper must ensure that